25.8.12

Darkness

This will be a emotional post about wearing what you really want to wear. Dark clothes are not my style or choice, but I think dark clothes look sophisticated if you wear the right combination and the shape of the clothes are not solid. I love tops that are straight down and shapeless and not sleeveless, like a basketball top. Bik Bok has some dark clothes that are not goth and not depressing, but girly. Gina Tricot has some cool dark oversized t-skirts. Dark doesn't necessary have to be black. It can be dark blue, dark red, dark green, dark grey, it can be every colour in dark scale. When you are in a dark place, you might feel comfortable wearing dark clothes because they reflects how you feel, and that's great. I never wear light clothes when I'm sad. Why pretend I am something I am clearly not?

A chill top with "whowhatwhere" written on it. Maybe those words makes no sence to you, but to me they reflects panic and pain. You ask questions when you don't know. When you don't have a clue of what's going on, you start panic. "Why didn't anyone tell me?" You feel excluded and betrayed. And that hurts. "No one cares about you" you might think when everyone knows something without telling you. I'll tell you one thing: People care about you.

This bluegrey Indie top has a skull, which is pretty odd. It is kinda racist. Why would Bik Bok sell a racist top? Because for Bik Bok it isn't racist. It is sellable, because many people would think that indie is cool, and that skulls are cool. I'm not too enthusiastic about people wearing skulls, it's kinda weird and it is almost like people is wearing death. Why would people like to wear death on their top? But the top is cool. 

If you want a sweet look with dark colours, lace is the answer. Lace is wonderful. It's beautiful. If you are afraid of showing too much skin, just wear a top under. The whole back on this top is lace, so I would wear a tube bra for a cool back. Just don't be afraid of being looked at as slutty when wearing tops showing your bra. It is cool to show it. It is slutty if you are wearing a top with lace all over it and a regular bra under, but with a tube bra it is classy.

Studs are classy and sophisticated. Worn jeans are coming back, and so are worn jeans shorts. Many teenagers just love showing their legs and ass. They roll up their shorts so it is literally a panty. That's what I call screaming for attention. Why get attention because of your body? What about getting attention because you're nice to people? People can dress slutty and still be nice to people, yes, but I wouldn't trust a girl like that. I would wear the shorts with this top because then it's a colourless style but still creative and not boring at all.

I honestly don't get the deal with the things hanging on this knitted sweater. Is it supposted to be cool? Creative? I don't know. But I think the sweater in it self is comfortable and good looking, if we'd overlook the weird things hanging. But if you like the things, for all means, wear it. Don't care if people might think it's weird, because if you like it, it is not weird.

A basic chill top from Gina Tricot. It is in so many styles and colours, that you would definitely find one you like. 

xoxo, Malene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashionistas